If you are preparing for SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0 then I have got a few most likely questions you can concentrate on and prepare.
And also tried to collect a little more information on the certification Syllabus as well
Certification Title: SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0
Exam Code: E_HANAAW_17
Duration: 90 Minutes
Number of Questions: 40
passing score: 56%
The “SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA ” certification exam verifies that the candidate has the knowledge of programming ABAP for SAP HANA required by the profile of an SAP ABAP development consultant. This certificate builds on both the basic knowledge gained in related ABAP-for-HANA training and documentation, as well as on practical experience gained as a member of a SAP HANA team, where the candidate would apply this knowledge practically in projects. It is highly recommended that you have passed one of these certification exams for the “SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver” (C_TAW12_70, C_TAW12_71, C_TAW12_731, C_TAW12_74, C_TAW12_750)
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming> 12%
Realize implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming.
Guided Performance Analysis> 12%
Operate Guided Performance Analysis.
Integration of SAP HANA Coding into ABAP Programs> 12%
Operate integration of SAP HANA Coding into ABAP Programs.
SAP HANA Basics and Technical Concepts8% – 12%
Identify SAP HANA Basics and Technical Concepts.
SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver8% – 12%
Describe SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver.
SAP HANA Information Models and Database Procedures8% – 12%
Apply SAP HANA Information Models & Database Procedures.
ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artifacts8% – 12%
Apply ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artifacts.
SAP Book/Training reference
HA400 (SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05) OR SAP LH LR “ABAP for SAP HANA
Sample Most likely questions
SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
Q1. You are using ABAP Development Tools, and you have placed your cursor on a method name in a class what key do you use to navigate between a method definition and its implementation?
• F2 • F3
• F4 Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q2. You are programming a report that reads data from a secondary HANA database(DB). What do you need to consider in your SQL Statement? ANS – 2
• You have to specify the DB Schema explicitly in your statement. • You have to specify the DB connection explicitly in your statement.
• You have to use native SQL when reading from the secondary DB. • All tables and fields you are using must exist in the ABAP dictionary of the secondary DB. SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
Q3. What is the purpose of an ABAP project in ABAP Development tools for Eclipse? ANS – 2 • It provides access to all ABAP repository objects in an ABAP server. • It represents the connection to an ABAP system.
• It represents the connection to the SAP HANA Server. • It is used to transport ABAP repository objects. Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q4. What are some of the features available for SAP List Viewer with Integrated Data Access (ALV IDA)? ANS – 3 • Group rows • Search in content
• Double click on rows • Display diagrams
• Edit cells
Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q5 In an ABAP Core Data Service(CDS) view, what must you do to expose an association for use in another CDS View? ANS – 1
• Define the cardinality for the target entity
• Specify an alias for the target entity. • Include all fields used in the ON condition in the projection list. • Specify the other views in which the association can be used. Guided Performance analysis
Q6. You analyze SQL monitor data in transaction SQLMD. You know that program X accesses database table Y. You made sure that the program X was executed while the SQL Monitor collected its data. But the relevant database access is not listed in SQLMD.
What could be the reason? ANS – 3 • SQL Monitor was activated with a filter that excludes database table Y.
• The data has not been transferred to the SQL Monitor database tables. • SQL Monitor was activated for a specific application server. • Database table Y is a buffered table.
• Program X was executed in the background.
SAP HANA Basics and Technical concepts
Q7. Which of the following takes advantage of the computing power of multiple CPUs used by SAP HANA? • Parallel processing
• Database table compression
• Columnar data storage
• Dictionary encoding Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q8. You want to move some logic of an ABAP program into an ABAP Managed Database Procedure (AMDP). To do so you need to translate open SQL statements into SAP HANA Native SQL. Which of the following are necessary adjustments? ANS – 3
• Specify the schema for every table.
• Replace order by addition.
• Add explicit client handling.
• Replace UP to n ROWS addition.
• Replace corresponding FIELDS addition. SAP HANA INFORMATION MODELS AND DATABASE PROCEDURES
Q9. You created and activated a database procedure. From where can you call this procedure? ANS
• From a Script based calculation view. • From another database procedure.
• From a graphical calculation view.
• From a Core Data Service SAP HANA INFORMATION MODELS AND DATABASE PROCEDURES
Q10. You are using a calculated column COUNTS within your Dimension Calculation View and as aggregation node. This is the data that goes into the aggregation node.
What does the result of the aggregation look like?
SAP HANA Basics and Technical concepts
Q11. User STUDENT_A creates and activates a design-time object. In which schema the runtime object generated?
• _SYS_BI • _SYS_BIC
• SYSTEM Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q12. When using SAP HANA full texts search. What do you have to keep in mind?
• SAP HANA has to be the primary database to create a full text search.
• The SCORE() function is required to ensure the best hits of your search on top. • The LIKE operator is required in your SELECT statement to implement fuzzy logic. • The full-text index is always updated asynchronously. Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q13. You define a core data service (CDS) view to merge results of queries using the UNION keyword. What must the column lists of these queries contain? ANS – 2
• All key fields • The same number of columns • Column of compatible type
• Columns of identical type Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q14. You have created a CDS View and used alias names for some of its elements. In which of the following cases is the alias name mandatory? ANS – 3 • SUM(revenue) AS total_revenue.
• Crtdby AS created_by. • CASE ordertype WHEN ‘A’ THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS order_type.
• ASSOCIATION to sflight AS _flights. • CAST( ‘USD’ AS abap.cuky) AS currency_key.
Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q15. You developed an ABAP Managed Database Procedure (AMDP). You want to allow the enhancement of this AMDP using a Business Add-in (BAdi). Which of the following objects must you create? ANS – 3
• A database procedure.
• A BAdi sample implementation • A BAdi definition. • A BAdifallback implementation. • An enhancement Spot.
Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q16. You use ABAP database connectivity (ADBC) to issue native SQL calls to the database. Which method of class CL_SQL_RESULT_SET retrieves the entire result set of the native SQL call?
• EXECUTE_QUERY • NEXT_PACKAGE
• NEXT SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
Q17. You are debugging in ABAP Development Tools in Eclipse. What features are available? ANS
• Conditional breakpoints. • Memory usage analysis.
• Debugger scripting.
• Watchpoints. SAP HANA INFORMATION MODELS AND DATABASE PROCEDURES
Q18. In SAP HANA SQL you want to create a table whose definition should NOT be visible in the catalog. Which of the following table types fulfil this requirement?
• GLOBAL TEMPORARY • LOCAL TEMPORARY
• HISTORY COLUMN
• ROW Guided Performance analysis
Q19. Which rules does SAP recommend to improve the performance of ABAP reports on SAP HANA? ANS – 2
• Ensure the WHERE clause contains at least one index field. • Use SELECT FOR ALL ENTRIES instead of a nested select statement
• Perform all calculation and aggregations in the ABAP layer • Ensure the access to buffered tables uses the SAP table buffer Guided Performance analysis
Q20. Which step of the Guided Performance Analysis should you perform in the production system? • Collecting data with SQL Monitor (SQLM).
• Performing an inspection with Code Inspector (SCI).
• Executing a check run with ABAP Test Cockpit (ATC). • Building a work list with SQL Performance Tuning Worklist (SWLT). Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q21. Which of the following tools and programming techniques use the SQL Data Definition Language? ANS – 2
• Core Data Services (CDS) data definition. • Open SQL.
• ABAP dictionary • Core Data Services (CDS) access control.
ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artefacts
Q22. Your development team needs to include SAP HANA objects into an ABAP workbench request. You want to use SAP HANA Transport for ABAP (HTA), and NOT the SAP HANA Transport Container (HTC). Why would you choose HTA? ANS – 2 • Because you can manually re-deploy objects after a failed import.
• Because you always transport entire SAP HANA content packages.
• Because you also use the technique that is recommended by SAP. • Because you automatically add changed objects to the transport request ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artefacts
Q23. How many result sets are returned when an SAP HANA database procedure is called using the ‘CALL …WITH OVERVIEW’ statement?
• Two result sets • One result set
• As many result sets as there are table output parameters in the procedure.
• As many result sets as there are input parameters in the procedure. SAP HANA Basics and Technical concepts
Q24. Which data provisioning methods can you use when you need real time replication? ANS – 2
• SAP Data Services • SAP Replication Server • SAP Landscape transformation replication Server (SAP SLT) • SAP HANA Direct Extractor Connection (SAP DXC) Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q25. Which of the following features were added to the ABAP dictionary to support the SAP HANA database? ANS – 3 • De-pooling and de-clustering
• Definition of enhancement category
• Change of data class • Definition of full-text indexes • Storage type for tables Guided Performance analysis
Q26. Which functional problems can you detect when using the Runtime Check Monitor (SRTCM)?
• Use of native SQL and DB hints
• Missing ORDER BY or SORT after SELECT
• Existence check for Secondary Indexes • Direct access to table pools/cluster ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artefacts
Q27. You import an ABAP workbench request into an SAP system P81. The ABAP workbench request contains single SAP HANA view CA_CUSTOMER that belongs to SAP HANA content package ZHA400_00.
Which prerequisites are mandatory for an implicit deployment of the SAP HANA view onto the database? ANS – 2 • System P81 has SAP HANA as primary database
• View CA_CUSTOMER has deployment mode A. • Package ZHA400_00 is listed in table SNHI_DUP_PREWORK
• Package ZHA400_00 has deployment mode A. SAP HANA Basics and Technical concepts
Q28. What benefits does SAP HANA Data Compression provide? ANS – 2 • Optimized access to column store tables
• Optimized data partitioning • Reduced memory consumption
• Increased parallel processing Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q29. Which task does ABAP Managed Database Procedure (AMDP)framework perform?
• Deploy the database procedure whenever the AMDP is called.
• Deploy the database procedure whenever the AMDP is activated.
• Deploy the database procedure when the AMDP is first activated. • Deploy a new version of the database procedure when the AMDP is first called.
Q30. Which tools can you use to provide input data for the SQL Performance Tuning Worklist (transaction SWLT)? ANS – 3 • Code inspector (transaction SCI)
• SQL Trace (transaction ST05)
• Database Performance Monitor (transaction DB50) • SQL monitor (transaction SQLM) • ABAP test Cockpit (transaction ATC) Guided Performance analysis
Q31. Which tasks can you perform with SQL Monitor (transaction SQLM)? • Capture the SQL profile of an application
• Search the problematic SELECT * statements
• Combine static and dynamic performance analysis results
• Display the execution plan of an SQL statement SAP HANA INFORMATION MODELS AND DATABASE PROCEDURES
Q32. In a graphical calculation view, you want to implement a union between two result sets that differ only in the fact that one of the two has one additional field named ADDRESS. How can you achieve this in a union node? ANS – 2
• Exclude the ADDRESS field from the union • Map the address field to a constant value
• Create a restricted column for the ADDRESS field • Create an input parameter for the ADDRESS field Guided Performance analysis
Q33.Which of the golden rules for Open SQL Performance have become more important with SAP HANA? ANS – 2
• Minimize the amount of transferred data • Keep unnecessary load away from the database • Minimize the number of database accesses • Minimize the search overhead Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q34. You want to execute a native SQL statement in your program. Why should you use ABAP Database Connectivity (ADBC)? ANS – 2
• It has a syntax check at compile time • It supports where-used list
• It supports locking and commit handling • It supports exception handling Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
Q35. What must you take into consideration when you use the new open SQL syntax (available as of SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SP05)? ANS – 2
• All classical open SQL statements in your program will become invalid • All ABAP variables must be escaped with a preceding @ sign • All fields in the GROUP BY clause must be separated by commas • All arithmetic expression can be used for all types of variables Guided Performance analysis
Q36. Which of the following features does the ABAP test cockpit offer that the ABAP code inspector does not offer? ANS- 2 • Enhanced distribution of results
• Documented checks • Flexible schedule of check runs
• Configuration of check variants
Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q37. You have created a CDS View as follows.
Define view zha400 as select from spfli
Association[*] to sflight as _flights On spfli.carrid = _flights.carrid And spfli.connid = _flights.connid
Given that table flight also contains the field plane type. How must you address the fields carried and plane type from table SFLIGHT?
• Carrid and planetype
• _flights.carrid and planetype
• _flights.carrid and _flights.planetype • Carrid and _flights.planetype SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
Q38. Which of the following repository objects can you edit only in ABAP development tools in Eclipse, and NOT in the classical ABAP workbench? ANS-3 • ABAP class with new open SQL syntax
• ABAP Class with SQL script coding • Database procedure proxy • Data Definition
• Full-text index Integration of SAP HANA coding into SAP ABAP Programs
Q39. You define and implement an ABAP Managed Database Procedure (AMDP). What do you have to list after the USING clause? ANS-3 • AMDPs used in the procedure body • ABAP dictionary tables used in the procedure body • ABAP dictionary views used in the procedure body
• CE functions used in the procedure body • SAP HANA views used in the procedure body ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artefacts
Q40. You implement an ABAP Managed Database Procedure (AMDP) within this AMDP you want to query data from calculation view CA_BOOKINGS_COUNT in SAP HANA content package ha400. ANS – 2
• _SYS_BIC “ ha400 primdb::CA_BOOKINGS_COUNT” • _SYS_BIC “ ha400 primdb/CA_BOOKINGS_COUNT” • “ha400 primdb::CA_BOOKINGS_COUNT”
• “ha400 primdb/CA_BOOKINGS_COUNT”
Check the answer Here